Wednesday, May 19, 2010

oh my

IMG_8245a
The drive up to the coast was so scary, it was raining cats and dogs the whole way there. It cleared up as soon a we got into Corpus Christi. Found our hotel unpacked the car and Noah and I hung out in the room while Joel went to the running expo. Then we went to the beach for a good while and had a good time. Noah didn't want to leave. We got showered and went to dinner then had a nice walk along the sea wall on the beach about 2 miles. Oh was it beautiful, the air, the sound of the ocean and being with my guys.
It rained the next morning like crazy again but the race went on. It was a bad storm and it went on forever. We didn't get to see the finish because we were not going stand out in that weather. When Joel got back we laughed at how hard it was raining and he had to run in it with lighting and all. So, we decided to just go home instead of hanging out another day like we wanted. By the time we showered, packed up the car and left it started to clear up and it was beautiful out. Oh well. We found a place to eat lunch, ate and then drove home.
As soon we got home Noah and I took a long nap. I woke up so sick and it lasted about 24 hours. I'm sure it was food poisoning and thankfully Joel and Noah didn't get sick. My sister had to come get Noah since I was so out of it. I'm still feeling off but way better than Sat. and Sun. It really is awful not feeling your self and feeling out of it. Happy to be home and feeling better! 

7 comments:

Candace said...

Man, I hate that you had to deal with rain! But at least you got a little time at the beach. I hate to drive in the rain, too. Especially where we live in the mountains. Ick! Glad you all made it home safely! Hugs...

Amber Rosie said...

I am glad you are feeling better! Food posioning can be so rough!

Rochelle said...

Bummer on the weather and bigger bummer on the food poisoning. I had that a couple months ago and I couldn't get myself up off the floor. Thankful for your sister getting Noah bc I know you couldn't take care of him in that state. Glad you are better.

Jenny said...

Thank goodness your sister was able to help with Noah. I'm glad you are feeling better and that no one else got it!

stephanie said...

oh my, oh my!!!!

Coley said...

So sorry you got sick. I agree - it stinks that to feel off and out of it. Glad your sis was able to help you out with Noah.

MaryAnne said...

I'm glad you stayed safe in that storm, and that you are feeling better - sounds like more of an adventure than you bargained for!