Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

IMG_0844

wishing everyone a very happy new year full of blessings!!!

I am still surrounded in boxes. I gave up for a few days. meant to get back to unpacking today but I got on the computer instead. Have not took Noah to school yet. We both came down with a stomach virus Monday and he still doesn’t seem all that well. I think maybe we will take him tomorrow?

my Dad and brother left yesterday to go back home to Texas. I was happy to have them here. my heart broke all over again with them leaving taking the little bit of home I had here. Today, Noah said, “their gone”, “Eddie, Grandpa gone”. It just hit me right in the heart!

It doesn’t feel at home here yet. Maybe it is the sea of  boxes we have and that we can not find anything? Maybe it’s the cold weather? or the shared wall that we have living in this duplex? I miss our old house, my family, our routine, Coco, the food, the familiar. Noah asks for tacos, beans, rice, bean and cheese tacos every single day. LOL no Tex- Mex around here.

It will get better. I will feel better. we will build a new routine. we will make this house our home and comfortable. we are together and that is all that matters.

home is where our hearts are!!!

6 comments:

georgia b. said...

happiest of new years to you!

we may be having to move in the near future. it is one of the hardest things... but when you get all settled in, it's such a nice feeling.

i hope things get better soon... if your home is anything like your photography and your spirit, then your home will beautiful and settled and comforting in no time. i just know it!

blessings to you in the new year.

{oh, LOVE the photo, too.}

Jenny said...

I'm sorry for the rough transition. I'm sure it's hard on you all, especially Noah. I had a laugh about the Tex-mex food!

I hope you all feel better soon.

suelmayer said...

Hang in there, it will get better. Of course I shouldn't say too much I've never moved further than 20 miles from where I was born. I wish you a very Happy New Year full of the comfort of family!!!

breezelife said...

Moves are so hard. Hopefully things will get better quickly.

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

Moving is tough. I hope you all start to feel settled soon!

Micayla said...

Happy New year....the photo is gorgeous and I hope you both are feeling better. I got stuck with the flu just days after Christmas and I am only just getting better.
Much love xx