Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Noah’s first week of school

IMG_1054a IMG_1055

Noah started his first week of school last week.  We talked about it for days and he just kept telling me “no way” every time we talked about going to school. He was fine on Monday and not one tear. Same on Tuesday. Then the snow started so he got out early and then no school on Wednesday. Thursday he had a stomach bug and back on Friday and Joel took him and he cried. sigh…

This morning he was not happy to go. It kills me because I just want to make this boy happy. We shall see how it goes the rest of the week.

It’s a small school and really nice. Everyone seems nice so far and seem good to Noah. We have a 30 IEP meeting set up for Friday. Since I don’t know anyone here yet I will be going alone…another sigh! praying for it all to be a good and a good place for my sweet Noah.

I think all these changes have been hard on him and he shows it by being a little more upset about things. I'm sure he misses everyone back home. and it doesn’t help that I am no where near finished unpacking. I'm at the point of looking at all these boxes and wanting to just throw them all away and start fresh lol

Happy Tuesday! xo

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm sorry he's not wanting to go to school. I hope he starts liking it again!

Colleen said...

Awwwww hoping each day gets better for sweet Noah! I can totally relate to the wanting to throw it all away and start fresh! I did alot of that when we moved into our new home and I don't miss a thing. Although I still have a garage of things to go through and get rid of!lol It seems never ending. Hope you are feeling some what settled!!:)

Territory Mom said...

I'll be praying for you on Friday. It will be alright.

Rochelle said...

So glad you like the school. Praying that the meeting goes well and that he transitions quickly.

Erin said...

It's so difficult for children to transition in a move. I'm sure he is missing his family and home. It will get better. I'll be praying for Noah that this school is going to be a great fit for him.

Hope you get settled soon, glad to see your pics on flickr.

Ann said...

Hoping your meeting goes well and Noah starts adjusting to his new school. I so feel your pain on the boxes!

Amy said...

Sweet boy! These are such sweet pictures, it makes the mommy in me just want to give him a big squeeze hug!!

I have Micah's IEP meeting on Friday and I'm going alone too. But I usually do. :( I'm anxious to find out if they're going to push for him to go to Kindergarten next year. Honestly, I'm not even sure I know what I want him to do. :(

How old is Noah and what grade is he in this year? (If you don't mind my asking.)

suelmayer said...

Oh Bev, I hope he adjusts, transitions are hard!! Keep smiling and encouraging and give him a little more time. Love the pictures!