Thursday, March 10, 2011

Update

Our homeschooling journey begins again. after weeks of heart ache I feel at such peace. I know this is the right thing to do. I forgot how freeing and amazing this path is and let our move here to Ohio scare me into putting him back into ps for the last few months. What we experienced these last weeks should never happen or be allowed to happen to any parent or child and especially one with special needs who can not go home and talk about the happenings at school. I sent off our letters of intent to hs to all the people we needed to and I have to say I felt such peace come over me. Praying that they allow us to do so. The wait for the ok will be long!

We met Monday with the 3 people from the school instead of the usual 20 or so. They did not want to address the teachers actions and accusations against Noah. Their offer was to move him to one of two schools and we could visit one tomorrow and one next Monay ( guess they are in no hurry to get him back in school). They said, they have never had a problem with this teacher and everyone loves her. The advocate said, well this has happened now, there is a problem now. So, she gets to stay in the classroom and they want to move a little boy who just moved to a new school? How is that right? They said, all kind of stupid stuff. Like, if we wanted him to be fully included in general ed, he would not have an aide and he could go to kindergarten parts of the day instead of 2nd grade. ??? They are out of their minds! I was sure to point out the laws and that they could not say these things with out an IEP meeting.

So with these things in mind and knowing these people are crazy and will be overseeing Noah at one of the new schools and the teachers poison following Noah there, we know it is best to pull him and hs him. Why fight them and keep Noah with these people who care more about a fellow teacher keeping her job than a little boy who needs what is right to be done and for all the other kids in her care? No thanks! I fight till a certain point and then I am done when I see what and who I am dealing with. If you can not trust them then how do you trust them to care for your child and do what is right by him? How do they all sleep at night?

Thank you everyone who prayed for us. We are at such peace over this and life is good! xoxoxo

8 comments:

Rochelle said...

Glad you are at peace. Obviously this was God's plan for your family. Sorry about the turmoil.

Brandie said...

Yay for homeschooling. I think they are liars and they know she is a mean teacher. Your energy is better spent loving and teaching Noah than fighting with them.

Jenny said...

I am so glad you all are at peace with your decision. How terrible that you had to go through all of that mess!

Debbie said...

You are right. Only you know what's best for him. You can teach him more anyways!! Enjoy your new freedom! There is probably some homeschool group in your new area that you can get connected with....ck it out!!

Glad you feel better. I'm sure he will too!!

Colleen said...

It's terrible that you all had to go through all that but i think there was a reason for it all...now Noah will be happy and safe being homeschooled! Glad to hear you are at peace with it all!:)

Erin said...

I am glad it's all over and you are at peace with your decision. I think it's going to be great for Noah!

Coley said...

So glad it's all over and that you are at peace with your decision. I think I probably would have done the same thing if all of this had gone on with my Noah.....

Amy said...

Sorry I'm a bit late on this but I'm super happy that you're both at peace with your decision on schooling Noah!!