Friday, January 6, 2012

my one little word

soar

So, I picked Soar as my word the for the year.
I am pretty excited for this new year!
It has started out really great.

I had many creative goals met by the end of this last year.
I was happy to get the courage to start selling my photos on Society 6.
I had a photo licensed back in Aug for a greeting card company.
Just last week Getty Images invited 5 of my photos. Such a  dream!
I was asked last week to license another photo.
I am no expert on photography but it is a hobby and I love and think of it all the time.
I never thought these things would have happened for me and I feel so blessed and thankful.

So, I hope this year to soar!
Some of my creative goals are...
To push my self and get the courage to open my Etsy.
To have a showing of my photos locally.
To sell a lot of my work.
To license more photos.
To have more of my images invited to Getty.
Continue learning more about photography and photoshop and selling.

Just yesterday I got an offer on one of my images to use on a TV show on NBC.
I feel really blessed and I am very thankful for every encouraging word
and comment from everyone.
Thank you!

Happy Weekend xo

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Beverly, that is awesome! Your work is really beautiful and so creative. I am so happy for you!!

MaryAnne said...

Congratulations!!! Love your word for the year, too!

April Vernon said...

I came across your blog for the first time today. LOVE IT!!!! I mean really, really love it!! I am your newest follower and look forward to seeing all your posts as you SOAR in 2012!!

Kelly said...

beverly...wow....You are living my dream! so awesome that this has happened to you.....

Caroline said...

I love this photo...and you know we have both chosen the same word for 2012. I think this is going to be an amazing year for us both. Go open that etsy store...it's easy enough...and your work is so beautiful, it will sell! Let's continue to inspire each other with this special word...and grow our wings and soar higher than we dared to dream. We are ready. xoxo

Monica (Jakel) Crumley said...

Very very exciting, Beverly. You have a great eye for photography. I know things will go well for you!

Karen said...

I have been reading your blog for quite some time and I follow you on Instagram. I love your photos!! Would love to be able to buy some of your work someday. :) Happy New Year!
Karen Hattaway

Beverly said...

thank you so much everyone! xo

Coley said...

Wow, Beverly, that's so awesome!!

Love your word. Mine is breathe which is fitting in well so far!